Ramen noodles turns broth thick?

Joined Jun 12, 2015
hi chefs

how do i avoid my broth turning thicker in viscosity after i put in my freshly cooked ramen noodles??

Joined Sep 17, 2018
I don't cook a lot of Ramen in one sitting but I don't think this is generally avoidable as the ramen will add starch to the broth anyways. I assume you meant the cooking liquid. If you are talking about the finished bowl I would think cooking the noodles in something else, draining well and then adding fresh broth would not make a thick product in the amount of time before eating it.

Joined Mar 1, 2017
I don't cook a lot of Ramen in one sitting but I don't think this is generally avoidable as the ramen will add starch to the broth anyways. I assume you meant the cooking liquid. If you are talking about the finished bowl I would think cooking the noodles in something else, draining well and then adding fresh broth would not make a thick product in the amount of time before eating it.
You are correct.

When I was in Japan, the ramen noodles were cooked separately from the actual broth it was served in. The portion of cooked noodles were drained and put into a bowl. The broth was then poured over the noodles and then the dish was garnished with any number of countless trimmings.

The secret is alkaline noodles. They are made with a bit of baking soda added in. In turn, this helps the noodles hold up and not break down when served in the hot broth.

Cheers! :)

Top Bottom