Quote source?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by grumio, Jun 23, 2010.

1. grumio

grumio

Exp:
    At home cook
    I seem to recall reading this definition - Cooking - the strategic application of heat to make what's available better (or something along those lines) but I can't remember where.

Ring a bell with anybody?  I'm thinking of stealing it, & I'd like to attribute it.

But then, if I attribute, I guess it isn't stealing...

TIA

2. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. grumio

grumio

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks, FF - that's more than likely it - either that article, or Bourdain using it in something else.

I googled "the strategic application of heat" & didn't find this.

4. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    This is very embarassing but I think I might be the source.

BDL

5. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Cool! Glad I helped. I googled the same exact bit you mention, but making sure to use quotes (") so google looks for the sentence, and not just the independent words - maybe that's it.

6. julie20099

julie20099

Exp:
    Server
    As with any information you are given, it is your responsibility to consider the source -- tv, newspaper, radio, internet.....even wikipedia. If you wish to take everything at face value, that is your choice. However, in our world of "spin" it often pays to dig a little deeper. I recently read an Ann Coulter book and a book by a very liberal author (i forget the name). They both covered the same topics but presented the information very differently and came to very different conclusions to the same set of "facts." It was fascinating and an eye opener to realize how much information is presented as "fact" when the real story lies somewhere between the two viewpoints.

================

Ben 10 Games