Quick

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by acambece, Dec 22, 2005.

1. acambece

acambece

Exp:
    At home cook
    I work for the Cambece law firm and we are having a party for holidays what would some good ideas for food be? Sorry this is so last minute, but I just decided I was going.

Cambece

2. shahed

shahed

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    my freind your question is far to vague... But to answere it anyway i would try and stay away from tradition xmas day foods as people are going to be getting enough of that. Offer something different as it will more than likely be treasured round about this time of year. But in reality you need to ask your guest, get a basic idea then get creative. Just imagine if every restaurant owner/chef could speak to their diners before they served them, every1 should be satisfied every time.

all in all have chat with your guest and see whats what? it might turn out that you have a few veggies in the group ect...

then start planning.

hope that helps

3. chefatl

chefatl

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    For something last minute I usually put together a cheese board. 4 types of eclectic cheeses and some carrs crackers. As I said though, this is for spur of the moment or last minute.

4. acambece

acambece

Exp:
    At home cook
    well thank you and sorry i couldt respond sooner, it was a hit we had a great time. so many stories traveling around work right now.

Cambece

5. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Great -- but WHAT was a hit? Did you do the cheese assortment after all?

6. acambece

acambece

Exp:
    At home cook
    The whole thing was a hit. I ended up making tiramisu and everyone else brought so much food I didn’t have a place to put it so it turned out ok. Now for new years. lol

Cambece

7. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    I hope the tiramisu didn't go to waste! :eek: