Questions On Some Cooking Equipment

Joined Oct 24, 2004
I'm a new cook and I'm looking to purchase some new items for the kitchen.

My first question is regarding knives. I'm looking to get a 6" chefs knife. I was looking at the Wusthoff Grand Prix II at Chefs for $69. I notcied they have the same size knife in the Grand Prix I model for $64. Probably no real difference right? Any thoughts on the Grand Prix models or possibly a cheaper/better option?

My 2nd question is regarding sauce/stock pots. I have a basic set of Emerilware from All Clad. I really like the frying pans. However the stock pots seem to take forever to boil water. I'm looking to pick up a pot roughly around 4-5 qt. in size. I'm not looking to break the bank, I just want a decent pot that doesn't take all day to heat up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hello jte1130 and welcome to Chef Talk Cafe. When you get a chance, why not stop in the Welcome Forum so we can give you a proper welcome? Also, don't miss the great articles, reviews and information on the main Chef Talk site.

Your questions about knives have been discussed in earlier threads. I suggest you use the search function (at the top of the screen) and take advantage of those good conversations.

As for the pots, I have the Emeril non-stick set. I know many people here would recommend All-Clad (as I would- they're great), but they're expensive too. You could also check for earlier threads on pots and pans, as those have been topics of conversations as well.

You've come to the right place. I expect you'll get many points of view on your request.

Mezzaluna

Latest posts

Top Bottom