Questions About Culinary Class Schedules

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by jcao91, Jul 16, 2013.

1. jcao91

jcao91

Exp:
    Line Cook
    At the usual college usually classes for a specific course are every other day. Is this the same for culinary arts classes as well or are they usually every day? Any reply would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  2. culinandy

culinandy

Exp:
    Line Cook
    It really depends - not just on the school, but on the specific class. I'm about 1/2-way through my degree at Metro Community College here in Omaha - and all of the classes up to this point, I've had several scheduling options for each and could work them around my 8-4 daytime job. Many of the remaining classes I have in the program, though, are more hard-schedule. For example, A la Carte cookery is only offered during the day, three days a way from 7am to 3pm.

When you look at the program you're considering, check the schedules for all the classes as they will probably be different. Also - some of the classes are only offered during the day in the summer quarter, and are offered as day OR night classes in the fall quarter - so the time of the year you take a class may have an effect as well.

3. jcao91

jcao91

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Thank you very much for the information I appreciate it.