1. An upgrade is pending. The forum is only accessible in debug mode.
    Complete Upgrade
  2. Hello, we're planning on updating our site starting 10 PM Pacific / 1 AM Eastern on May 22, 2018. During this time, the site maybe inaccessible or down. We appreciate your patience!

Questions about Crostini

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by ddillon, Apr 6, 2010.

1. ddillon

ddillon

Exp:
    Cook At Home
     I'm inviting several people over for refreshments in my garden to cap off our community garden tour later this month.  I have a few things in mind that I'd like to serve, and one is a crostini using sun-dried tomatoes, basil and asiago cheese.  Any suggestions for assembling crostini???  Also, I would love any recipe suggestions from those of you who are experienced at outdoor entertaining. 

2. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    An open question: How much time will you have before the guests arrive? Or will everything have to be made in advance because you'll be on the tour?

And what sort of budget do you have?

3. patebrisee

patebrisee

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Brush each bread slice (crostino) with some really nice extra virgin olive oil, put a thin slice of asiago on top, add the sundried tomatoes, and sprinkle with chiffonade of basil.

Chiffonade: take several basil leaves, stack like plates and then slice crosswise very thinly, that way you get strands of basil, called chiffonade.

4. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    DDillon  are you cooking  on a gas or chrcoal bbq, or doing cooking inside ahead of time? 
    Need a tad more info for people to help.