question for excel usersq

Joined Feb 21, 2001
Does anybody know what the cell measurements are in Excel? If you put the arrow on the line dividing two lines, a box opens that says 12.75 17 pixels. what is the 12.75 measurement? Millimeters? I have to print out a template for a calligraphy project and I thought this would be an easy way to get the line spacing I need. I can't find any command to change measurements anywhere.

Joined Jan 5, 2001
An Excel cell height is between zero and 409 points. The best thing to do is define your margins and your view, then print out a row of cells, then measure them.

They use points, not mm to adjust for different views, margins etc.

Joined Dec 4, 2001
By my calculation a vertcal pixel is 1/100", ergo 17 pixels = 0.17". Or close enough to be going on with. (The horizontal pixel appears to be very slightly larger by 9.375%.)

Jock

Joined Feb 21, 2001
That's the info I was looking for. Thanks. Now I have to drag out the dial caliper, measure the pen nib, and set the lines 5 nib widths apart. Every book I've got on calligraphy shows how to do this with just making little lines with the pen, but it's so much easier to complicate things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom