pure almond extract

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by tigerwoman, Jan 18, 2003.

1. tigerwoman

tigerwoman

Can anyone help please - ISO pure almond extract -industrial size bottle

I have a old family recipe from my grandmother that calls for almond extract. I just recently finished up my industrial sized bottle (at least 32 oz) and called DeChoix to see about replacing it and to order gelatin sheets. They are out of stock on both!!

I live in NYC - other than New York Cake and Baking Supply - where I refuse to shop anymore due to the snarly attitude and high retail prices, can anyone suggest where I can get these items - preferably wholesale not retail. Preferably in the New York area but even on line.

In desperation I bought a medium sized bottle of imitation at Patty Cakes in Jackson Heights - which was a very nice domestic store with lots of Wilton Stuff, Cake Stands, etc etc

I made the cake for a friend whose grandmother had just passed - kind of a sharing of the grandmothers but I was not happy with the results - there was this aftertaste that I presume came from the imitation almond.

PS I have a catering business so buying wholesale should not be an issue.

Thank you

2. m brown

m brown

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Paris Gourmet has an Almond oil that is very strong,

1800-PASTRY-1

Also try cakedeco.com, they are in Queens and have a "store", you'll understand when you see it!!!

3. lotuscakestudio

lotuscakestudio

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I got a bottle of pure almond extract at Sam's Club for $9.99. 16 oz. Tastes great to me.

4. tigerwoman

tigerwoman

finally found some when I wasn't looking for it at Penzey's - we took a day trip to one of their stores in Connecticut. What fun!