Proportions

Joined Mar 30, 2017
Maybe someone on here can help me out.

I am working on a tea mix which contains some health beneficial spices.

The problem I am having is that when I make a mix for a couple of cups of tea it is excellent.  But when i try to make a bulk mix I don't get exactly the same taste.

Is it simply a matter of multiplying the small mix by the factor I desire (for example 1 spoon of tea + spices is the same taste as 10 spoons of tea + 10x the quantity of spices) or is there more to it than that?

Joined Oct 9, 2008
There's nothing more to it, but if you're having irregularity problems, I suspect that your ingredients aren't all the same size and weight. This means that they settle in the mixture unevenly. You might try putting everything into a relatively wide container and stirring gently from the bottom before using.

Joined Oct 9, 2008
Isn't that what I said, Pete? I agree that increasing most recipes requires re-balancing, but I don't see it with an infusion like this.

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
Isn't that what I said, Pete? I agree that increasing most recipes requires re-balancing, but I don't see it with an infusion like this.
You dont address the idea that in most instances high volume upscaling often cant be a straight conversion. You just point out that in his instance it would be. I was just making known his is an exception not the rule which you dont really address.

Top Bottom