Programmable Bread Machine with Whole Wheat cycle and Fruit & Nut dispenser?

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by french fries, Aug 19, 2013.

1. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello all, 

I know exactly what I want: a bread machine that is programmable (so it starts making bread automatically in the night so we have fresh bread in the morning), that has a whole wheat cycle, and has a fruit & nut dispenser. 

However I can't seem to find the one bread machine that combines all of those features. Any ideas? Thank you!

2. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I have a Panasonic machine which does all the above!

3. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks Ishbel!

From the reviews I read on Amazon Panasonic sells much better bread machines in Europe than in the U.S.A. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

I guess we can get the SD-RD250 Panasonic... what model number is yours Ishbel? 

4. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Just been to check. It's the SD-255.

Since my hands have become slightly arthritic, i gave up hand making bread. I keep the machine out in the garage, so the noise doesn't affect us whilst we sleep!

5. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thank you Ishbel - but yes unfortunately that model isn't available here in the U.S. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

6. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    What a pity.

It makes GREAT breads! I use wholewheat flour -and make a great honey and walnut bread, with a few sunflower seeds. I've had my machine for about 5 years and make bread three or four times a week.

I wonder why Panasonic don't make their better models available in the USA?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013