Professional "How To" Videos

Joined Jan 11, 2018
I am 10+ Year trained chef now working for a company specializing in Cook and Hold ovens. I am going to be starting a YouTube channel for How to Videos. My questions to you all is, what Items/Dishes are out there that most Chefs struggle to make correctly? Looking for a few good things to start out with!

Joined Sep 26, 2017
Japanese (short-grain) steamed rice.

I can never get my steamed rice to look shiny like what you find in fancy Japanese restaurant. (see picture #1)

Mine always turn out looking kinda dull no matter what I do. (see picture #2)

SHINY RICE
shiny steamed rice.jpg
SHINY RICE

DULL RICE
dull steamed rice.jpg
DULL RICE

Joined Mar 1, 2017
What company are you working for and how much will they pay us to do your research?
Indeed. I don't get into any deals unless I talk to my lawyer first and the offer is made in writing.

Im not sure the lad or his company could afford us. :cool: :)

Joined Jan 11, 2018
I will be the one doing the videos and research
Indeed. I don't get into any deals unless I talk to my lawyer first and the offer is made in writing.

Im not sure the lad or his company could afford us. :cool: :)

I will be the one doing the videos and Research. I am just asking for suggestions on Topics.

Joined Mar 1, 2017
Ahh...no sense of humor, I see. Excellent!

Well, then, I think we have two very different understandings of the word "research."

Good luck :)

Joined May 30, 2015
I've never had a problem making it per se, but I could use some techniques/tips for proper holding procedures for bar steam. Thanks in advance!

Joined May 5, 2010
Great....How about a cook and hold oven that can keep Prime Rib warm during service without overcooking it.

Joined Jan 11, 2018
Yes I work for Thermodyne Foodservice Products. We make conduction heated cook and hold cabinets. The idea behind the "How to" videos would be to demonstrate cooking procedures that people would want to see be done in our ovens.

Joined Jan 19, 2014
Wait..isn't that you in the video you posted? If so, the company supports shilling their products???

Joined Jan 11, 2018
Yes that is me, I work at that restaurant 3 years ago (when the video was shot). Used Thermodyne ovens there, loved them. Decided to make a Career move a year ago and joined the Thermodyne company.

Top Bottom