Problems on iPhone

Joined Apr 25, 2011
I have stayed away from this site for a while because my primary way of viewing is on my iphone7. For the last couple months every time I go on ChefTalk, I get the "Congratulations Amazon User" Popup. It will keep popping up over any page I visit on Safafi until I clear internet data and history. I have been doing experiments and switched the targeted ad setting to off. This seemed to help for a bit, but it still happens. After deleting internet data etc, I can go on any site for however long and will not have the problem. As soon as i go to ChefTalk, it happens again. This is why I have been absent for so long. Any clues? Thanks in advance.

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Me too.

It goes away for a while after doing an iOS upgrade but eventually returns. Sometimes doing a “back” several times gets rid of it. Most often, though, have to close the app and restart it.

This also happens a lot on The Fresh Loaf.

Joined Aug 9, 2011
Joined Apr 25, 2011
SJSupport SJSupport Thanks for the links. I am aware of the root of the problem and how to fix it. The issue is that I can get rid of it and be fine, but once I go on ChefTalk again, it comes back. It doesn't happen with any other site that I am aware of. I did a test and stayed off Chef Talk for 2 months and never had it happen once. I then opened Chef Talk and it came back within 10 minutes. I removed Chef Talk shortcut/bookmark thinking that might be the culprit, but alas, no.

Joined May 25, 2015
Try this https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adblock/id691121579?mt=8

My problems with ChefTalk on my computer went away when I discovered that Firefox has it's own built in ad blocking. All I had to do was enable it. Now I don't have any ads and no more text jumping around. (Sorry admins) Likely one of those ads is the culprit for your problem. Some of them are like viruses.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
planethoff planethoff We have just updated the site to the latest version of Xenforo please take a look now and see if you have a better experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom