Probably a cook in another life :)

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by llamarama, Dec 1, 2010.

1. llamarama

llamarama

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello All!

Just joined the site and wanted to say hello. I have a full time job here in California but recently took quite an affinity to cooking as a hobby. A month ago, the only things I knew how to cook were eggs, chicken (which I always burnt), and microwaveable rice (doesn't count I know haha). Now, my pantry is completely with the cooking essentials, I have a few nice pots/pans/knives and I've been reading nonstop and learning new french and asian techniques. Not planning on going to culinary school anytime soon because of the time/money but I am interested in possibly working in a restaurant (as a prep chef potentially) for fun on weekends to learn more about cooking. Looking forward to learning a ton on this site and meeting other people stoked about food and cooking!

2. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello and welcome to ChefTalk.

Our membership is based all around the globe, so you will get lots of  help from those of us that are amateurs, like yourself (and me!) as well as the professionals on the board. 

There are a huge number of wonderful articles and amazing photographs on here, I hope you can make some time to have a look.  The blogs are pretty good, too!  All we ask is that you treat the Professional fora as 'read-only'.  I do, but I still find a lot of helpful info there.

Feel free to jump in on any thread you find interesting, or start your own.