private chef

Joined Mar 1, 2017
I just been asked to do meal prep for 2 people...lunch and dinner. I'm prepping 4 meals at a time and go to their house every 2 days. they provide all the ingredients. How much should I charge weekly? i would like to know asap please. email me at [email protected]

Thank you.

Joined Mar 1, 2017
This is a tough question, and you first must decide how much you think you're worth. If  you're preparing double consomme twice a week from fresh stock or baking bread every other morning, you're likely to charge more than if you're preparing simple dishes. You've really got to gauge how much the work you are actually performing is worth and consider how much time you actually spend in the kitchen.  Also take a look at other personal chef / catering prices in your area. 

Joined Mar 1, 2017
I might make fresh broth once in a while. No bread from scratch maybe a desert sometimes. But usually it's a simple meal. Protein, carb, side and simple dessert

Joined May 5, 2016
What you're preparing sounds pretty standard. Here in SoCal, Personal Chefs will charge anywhere from about $300-$400 for a simple 3x4 service (3 mains, 3 sides, 4 servings each). This does not include the cost of groceries. Like DantesDishes mentioned, see what other chefs charge in your area.

Personally speaking, I have an 'out the door' fee which is a minimum amount I charge per day. Since I only have 1 client per day, it must be worth my time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom