Prime Rib Roast

Joined Dec 22, 2016
Hello and Happy Holidays!

I am attempting prime rib for the first time this year. I will be roasting 2  5 pound roasts in the same pan. Do I follow the cooking time for a 5 pound roast or for 10 pound roast?  Reading other threads I see that I can put them in one pan, face to face. or - should I tie them together and treat as one?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Elizabeth

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Are they boneless or bone in? This matters in the cooking time. I would not tie them together. Since they are such small roasts I would suggest searing them first because they won't be cooking long enough to develop adequate browning.

I am really fond of dry brining these days. Salt liberally on all sides and leave in the fridge over night. Then I rinse and pat dry very well. Dear on all sides until golden. Remove from the pan and lay down a bed of roughly chopped veggies like onions, garlic, carrot and celery and herbs. Now I like to brush the roast with a past made with mustard, a touch of olive oil, dried herbs, minced garlic, and whatever spices you enjoy. Lots of cracked black pepper. Then prop the roast on the veggies and cook till desired tenderness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom