Pricing help needed for slicing cakes

Joined Jun 28, 2001
I picked up a new wholesale account and the owner wants the cakes pre-sliced with acetate strips between them (doesn't want to have to depend on her wait staff to do it right). The cakes are 9" with 12 portions and the cheesecakes are 8 portions. Any ideas?

Joined Jul 28, 2001
I'm not sure about pricing in your area although I'm sure you're talking about how much to tack on.
If you can get a contract with the buyer and see if your other customers would be interested in sliced product, I would not hesitate to purchase a slicer. You can purchase a manual one from Food Tools for arounf 1500.

Joined Jun 28, 2001
You can get wholesale contracts? I didn't even know that. I mean, I figured some people did them, but I wasn't sure who or how. My PT job has a LOT of accounts, but no contracts. They are free to end the relationship at any time.

I can't afford a slicer. I don't do enough volume and since I am buying a fridge right now (among other things) $1500 sounds like a small fortune.

And yes, I was asking about how much to take on for slicing and putting some acetate strips in.

Joined Jul 28, 2001
LCS
I only build in 15%. But that is low if you are doing all the labor.
Jump on the food tools web and just take a look if you don't already know about their slicers. It also papers your slices.
hth jeff

Top Bottom