Pricing box lunches

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by a c a catering, Jun 27, 2014.

1. a c a catering

a c a catering

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Pricing box lunches for two hundred children (ages 5-12) for football teams.  

2. meezenplaz

meezenplaz

Exp:
    Sous Chef, Event Manager
    Something you just wanted to get off your chest, or is there an actual  question trying to emerge from that?

3. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    At the end of july ill be doing hot meal, packed and sealed with a Duni form machine. 4 flavors, chicken thai, Korean pork, beef teriyaki, and curried vegi. Doing 6000 portions and 2000 additional 22cm baggettes. The portions size on the hot food is 1050 ml. For the hot food I'm getting $4.06 a portion and the baggettes I'm getting $2.02. I'll deliever appx 150 miles away and they will take over from there so no service. Half 1 day the other half 2 days later. My cost will be 50% but that includes packaging, labor and delievery and food. Nothing is premade or bought, all from the ground up. This is the first of 3 events I'll do for this organazation on a yearly basis. If you can bring you cost in at this level you will do great. Im not sure if your overhead is already supported by an excisting opperation but if not you need to factor in those cost also, for me these orders a additional business.

4. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Lagoom !600 miles with gas so expensive, your time at least 7 hours on road, prep time food cost
    . MAKE SURE YOUR MAKING GOOD  $

5. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    ACA PRICING BOX LUNCHES TO VAGUE what are you giving them?

6. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    150 miles chefedb. The truck will use 30 liters each way so ill be good. Im also supplying them with snacks and candy. Its a cos play convention. Plus i got an up in the baggette order today trippled.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  7. wlong

wlong

Exp:
    Other
    @Lagon  If your are making 2 round trips of 150 miles each way, I think Chefedb is correct.

Did your 50% cost include the price you could have gotten out of the stuff from ground up if you took it to market.  If not, I think that should be a cost to factor in the price before you figure a percentage.

8. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Well fuel is 14.5kr a liter x120 liters witch is 1740kr. Witch is $270. Its figured in my cost per piece of 50%. Considering the hot food brings in $ 4.06 after tax and a net of $2.03 x 6000 portions plus the baggettes and the snacks I come out with a pretty good days pay. Im not sure what market you where refering to but there arent too many I know off that will take 6000 portions plus 6000 baggettes(they increased the order today) in in 2 delieveries, but I'm going to find all of them I can. :)

9. wlong

wlong

Exp:
    Other
    Lagom said "Nothing is premade or bought, all from the ground up" I assumed you farmed all the food you are using and that has a market value.

10. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Ahhh. Thats my swedish/english mixing. From the ground up means from scratch. My farming skills only extend to herbs and a healthy respect for those that do farm.