Prevent spoilage of fresh foods longer

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by innovativechef, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innovativechef

innovativechef

I recently discovered Seal-a-Meal vacuum sealer as a mean of protecting my fresh foods up to five times longer than traditional storage bags. It is equally effective in the freezer, eliminating freezer burn by removing the air from the storage bag. Please check it out and tell me what you think!
    www.seal-a-meal.com/chef

2. ricib

ricib

Seal-a-meal has been around for years, at least since I was a child in the 70's. Though it's a good idea, I certainly wouldn't reccomend keeping certain foods for more than a few months in the freezer. If you aren't going to use it for a while, then why have it now?

3. gettingbetter

gettingbetter

I was just thinking that same thing...I'm not much of a "freeze it" guy. Maybe I'm just too lazy to thaw it out, or maybe I just like fresher food :)

4. innovativechef

innovativechef

It definitely works for me- I have three kids and often feel as though I am constantly in the kitchen. I can freeze meats and vegetables in managable portions and have meals ready to go in no time. The marinade recipes they offer on the site are also very helpful. Freezing foods isn't the only benefit of this machine- I use it for so many things!

5. ricib

ricib

I certainly agree it has advantages, and having kids is a good reason to cook bigger portions and freeze. BUT, my point is, I have other things to put in the freezer, I can't clog it up with meats and big portions of foods I may not eat for months, or may figure later down the road, it's been in there not being used, and pitching it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.