Pressure Washers-Good or Bad???

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by harwood, May 20, 2011.

1. harwood

harwood

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Hi everybody,

Anyone got any opinions on using high pressure washers to clean a MINI? I mean those lance-type things made by people like Karcher.

Cheers...

2. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    3000 PSI  Great for cleaning kitchens as is a steam generator, but don't use on ovens ,you will kill thermostats.

3. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Mixed feelings on those...

Yes they clean great, but hey also spray around dirty water, and they are he77 on tile grout, painted surfaces, or any soft surfaces.

O.T.O.H. they are the ticket for working outdoors.  Dirty equipment?  Wheel the sucker outside and hose 'er down.  Dirty shelves in the walk -in or spedracks?  Wheel them outside and spray away.

4. mikelm

mikelm

Exp:
    Home Chef
    A 3,000-pound washer is great for a lot of things - buildings, decks, roofs, trucks,  - I've used them a lot, and in fact when  I got tired of renting them I built my own using parts from Grainger

but...

They create huge amounts of  spray, which carries whatever kind of crud you are cleaning. If used indoors, this fine spray will coat every surface in the room you're "cleaning", if not most of the rest of the house or restaurant. Apart from the problem of routing out tile grout or stripping paint.

These are strictly outdoor tools.

Mike