preparing early

Joined Sep 10, 2000
How early ahead of time can you prepare potatoes for potato salad or pasta for pasta salad? I usually do everything the same day, but I've taken on a few too many jobs this weekend and would like to get a headstart on things. Thanks

Joined Aug 8, 2000
We've prepared potato salad for 300 the day before. We were just very careful about refrigeration and all that. There were hard boiled eggs in it, so we folded those in right before the potato salad went on the truck.
About the pasta salad...not sure cause I don't know what you're putting in it. Pesto?
The day of. Tomatoes? I think the day of. You could probably cook off the pasta the day before, oil it, and keep it in a bus tub in the walk in. Not sure about the absorption of flavors with that one, though. Good luck.

Joined Aug 14, 2000
...and store your mayo in the cooler. This way your finished product is already down to temp and doesn't have to sit in the danger zone in the cooler any longer.

------------------
Mike Bersell, CEC
[email protected]

Joined Sep 10, 2000
I have to agree with mogourmet. I mixed it together the day of. The potatoes did not absorb any of the flavors. Next time I'll mix some of it right after cooking the potatoes.

Top Bottom