Potato terrine help

Joined Feb 11, 2018
Hi Chef’s
Looking to put a potato terrine on the menu. Due to me being the only chef at the moment I was wondering if you could colour off the terrine before service to make things easier for myself.
Thanks

Joined Aug 7, 2013
Not sure. My only experience with reheating thin-sliced potatoes is in gratin. They slide apart on reheat.

What does your terrine have in it? Oil? Fat? Cheese? These would contribute to it coming apart, I would think. Your best bet would be to try it a couple of times. Reheat it using different methods and see what happens.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
You do it in a 2" pan and you cook, cut it into squares, and hold it in the oven covered with foil. It will pop out fine and hold fine. You need to cook it very well though, the potatoes need to release some starch and thicken the cream, and press the terrine down firmly a few times during the cook process.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
I must have a different idea of what you mean by potato terrine then. Pomme de Terre, yes? No?

Cdp

Joined Aug 31, 2017
ever thought of doing something like pommes anna, it can be pre done frozen in portions or block service packs and them use as required and then brush with butter before oven
200 for 6min your good to go.

Top Bottom