Potato Dish

Joined Oct 10, 2020
Good Day all,

So I did something new. You take a 9x12 glass pan. On the bottom you put a little butter, then put a layer of sliced potato's to cover the bottom of the pan. Then you put graded cheese,
( you can use sharp, Jack, etc.) and if you want to you can use bacon or Onion on this level. Then you put another layer of potato's on top. Now you put a cream cheese and sour cream mixture on
top of that. Then cut up sausage. Now a another layer of potato to cover the previous layer.

Now take 4 or 5 eggs and break into a bowl. Beat them up til they are all mixed up. Pour it over the top of the last layer of potato's. One last layer of potato and one last layer of cheese.

Put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 450.

Great breakfast. egg dish.JPG

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Are you familiar with a Spanish Tortilla-- or a frittata. Similar concepts, though usually started on the stove and finished in the oven.

All good ideas.

Joined Nov 5, 2007
Back in the Before Days when Karen's church did the Fill the Pot thing for homeless people, I made something very similar. I used frozen hash browns, though, for the potatoes component and added diced red bell peppers. Potato, cheese and egg is a great combination!

mjb.

Joined Apr 25, 2017
We do a frozen hashbrowns version for Christmas breakfast. It goes in the fridge overnight and pops in the oven to bake in the morning - easy and perfect for a winter morning.

Top Bottom