Post Pics of your Kitchen!

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by chefclaycollins, Dec 15, 2002.

1. chefclaycollins

chefclaycollins

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I thought it would be fun if I could get everyone to post a couple of pictures of the kitchen they work in.

Here's some of the restaurant I work at:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and one of the dining room:

[​IMG]

and one of the bar:

[​IMG]

2. chefclaycollins

chefclaycollins

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    All you rich big time chefs out there don't own a digital camera?
    C'mon!

3. greg

greg

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    No digital camera yet, but I plan to get one in the next couple of months.

BTW, nice kitchen! What's your menu like?

4. chefclaycollins

chefclaycollins

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks! The menu is Italian/California. Mostly pastas and I try and do a little bit of everything to please the crowds. The other night we set the record for the most covers we have ever done: 368. Weds. night street faires in December called Victorian Christmas get CRAZY! Full dining room from open (5pm) to close (9pm)! Usually we do from 80 to 230 covers a night.

Get the camera I want to see some shots. I got my camera for $120 a couple of years ago, but I just saw an add for the same thing for $80 a couple of days ago. Don't ever have to go to the developer again!

5. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    have a camera but wouldn't know how to post a pic here.

6. chef1x

chef1x

Love this thread! Hope to post some pix of the last kitchen I worked. Funny how kitchens look alike!

7. chef1x

chef1x

Nice kitchen!

Is that an electric stove?

And hmmm, what's the 12pak of Coors light for, the bread I suppose?:lips:

8. chefclaycollins

chefclaycollins

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Panini and others there's places like www.webshots.com and www.montypics.com that you can put your pictures on the internet with, then you just have to link to them from your post.

Peachcreek- NICE! How many people work with you?

9. peachcreek

peachcreek

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    3 people out front, sometimes 4, and usually 2 in the kitchen. In the kitchen, one person pulls the ticket, assembles hot food, makes sandwiches and does the bread cutting, the other person sets plates, makes salads and dips soups. It is a very efficient system. Since I do a lot of soup I can wing it with an electric stove. The convection oven works really well. The other thing you will notice is I have a lot of counter space and very few large appliances except for my stove, dishwasher and refrigeration. And that tiny little K5 mixer is used relentlessly. In fact, I keep a backup in the storage room in case that one breaks. We average 40+ loaves of bread per day and do all of our kneading in tubs by hand. We seat some very large tables- 12-20ppl without reservations at lunchtime and can keep up nicely.