Chef Forum banner

Porkchop and chicken tender recipees?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  teamfat 
#1 ·
What kind of marinates can I make for porkchops? I tried tyraki and woyster sauce, but I'd like to know some professional recipes. Leaning towards something bitter or spicy.

As for chicken tenders, I was wondering how do I infuse hotsuace in my chicken tenders. I see videos online of people making wings by tossing them around mixed with the hot sauce. However I want my chicken tenders crispy and I'm afraid that might make them soggy, because I'm assuming with a thick hot sauce like Blair's Ultra Death Sauce I'll have to add some kind of liquid to it right? I'd like to keep it as hot as possible though. So I'm wondering if theres a way to infuse the hotsauce in my crust? And how do I make chicken tenders with crispy crust to begin with?

#5 ·
The problem here is the flavor is not the same. This hotsauce I have has a specific flavor that I absolutely am addicted to. Everyone I know also loves the flavor even though it's really hot to them.

Also I'm doing this with chicken tenders not wings. I hate dark meat.

Edit: I'm not sure if wings are dark meat, but I don't like the texture of them besides the drum stick I think, can't remember.

#3 ·
Yep, dry spices for the tenders, or a marinade, but then you need to take them out of the mainade some time beforehand and let them air dry.

As for pork chop marinade:
Loads of options: I like soy, chili, garlic, ginger and lime juice. Then use the left over marinade to make a satay sauce
Or fish sauce, garlic, lemongrass, lemon juice, chili
Or a jerk marinade (now you are talking proper hot!)

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yep, dry spices for the tenders, or a marinade, but then you need to take them out of the mainade some time beforehand and let them air dry.

As for pork chop marinade:
Loads of options: I like soy, chili, garlic, ginger and lime juice. Then use the left over marinade to make a satay sauce
Or fish sauce, garlic, lemongrass, lemon juice, chili
Or a jerk marinade (now you are talking proper hot!)
I'm confused, should I add dry spices to my breading or the chicken it's self? I want to use Blairs Ultra Death Sauce, should I just pour it over the chicken then add breading?

I googled "jerk marinade" and it sounds pretty good. Any idea how I can use Blairs Ultra Death sauce this way? Could you just give me a simple recipe for it

#6 ·
I do not know the sauce that you are talking about. I wouldn't put sauce and then crumb it.
If you do want the sauce, then maybe just grill or fry the chicken and serve with this sauce, or give it a quick toss in the sauce.

You can mix bread crumbs with spices. You could also grind rice and add spices and coat the chicken with it.

As for the jerk marinade: why would you want to use this blair's sauce in it? Why not make it as is and give it a try?
Then the next time you can change it if you want. Here is some good info and a recipe: https://barbecuebible.com/2015/04/07/authentic-jamaican-jerk-at-home/ and https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/jerk-seasoning/

#7 ·
It's too hot to just "serve with this sauce" lol. I was trying to figure out if I can get the flavor from the sauce into my food, that's the main objective for me. Dilution could either be useful or problematic, as maintaining the heat is important. It's 800k scolvic units, very thick sauce and requires refrigeration.

#9 ·
Just be very careful with that stuff!

I just googled the ingredients:
If you want to make it into an "edible" sauce, you could make a tomato/onion mixture and add some sauce till it is to your liking.
Otherwise, MaryB's suggestion is pretty good.
I am not the biggest fan of breaded stuff, so I would omit that step. So marinate, pat dry and grill. When grilling, the heat seems to reduce quite a bit. Don't ask me why, just an observation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.