Porchetta

Joined May 30, 2013
I have been deboning and opening shoulders for porchetta. Salt and season let the salt work for twenty four hours or so. Perforate the skin with a Jakartta or paring knife rub skin with vinegar and salt, fill tie off , I bake four hours or so at 450. This has been producing a good crispy skin. Same prep low and slow than high heat good also. Thinking about some steam first than moderate oven than high. Any tips? Thanks

Joined May 30, 2013
Yes,, the loin belly or tenderloin belly are the usual cuts used here. I am trying to get the shoulder to be as good a porchetta as I can. Thanks

Joined Jan 17, 2015
I use belly, brine it for 5 days, roll it, tie it and roast it, then you get that porcheta shape. Absolutely delicious, had nothing but compliments for it,mmmmmmm quite fancy a bit now

Joined Oct 30, 2015
I am doing a whole suckling pig porchetta for my restaurant, and I want to keep the entire pig in tact, but I don't have an oven large enough to accommodate it unless I remove the head. So my question is if I'm already removing the head, should I also remove the legs and just truss the torso?

Latest posts

Top Bottom