Pop # 2

Discussion in 'Pairing Food and Wine' started by cape chef, Jan 19, 2002.

1. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Who is Corinne Mentzelpoulos ?

2. isa

isa

Do you mean Corinne Mentzelopoulos, the managing partner of Chateau Margaux?

3. garlicginger

garlicginger

She is the winemaker at Chateau Margaux. She has been credited with elevating winemaking to an art form worthy of contemplation.

Now I've used every search engine I know of and that's all I can come up with. There's gotta be more, but I don't know where to find it unless (GASP!!) I should leave my home and go to a library. Not on a Saturday, please! ! ! I promise to stop icing the merlots - just don't make me go out on a Saturday.

4. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    leave it to you Isa to find out I left out an "O" in her name:rolleyes:

garlicginger, You are on the right track. Margaux which was one of four vineyards to become a first growth in 1855 (mouton not till 1973) was in a terrible slump.The 60s and 70 were horrible for Margaux.At that time Pierre and Bernard Ginestet were running the Margaux, the oil crisis and wine market crash of 1973/74 were ther undoing. Margaux was sold in 1977 to Andre and Laura Mentzelopoulos. They spent lavish amounts of Money in the vineyards and winemaking facilities. They hired Emile Peyaud as a consultant. Although many thought it would take many vintages for Margaux to hit stride again, it only took one year. 1978 would show the world Margauxs pedagree. Unfortunatly Andre died before margaux once again was ontop Laura took over and then passed the dutys to Corinne. Between Corrine, Emile Peyaud, Paul Pontallier and Maitre de chai Jean Grangerou Margaux remains one of the best , If not the best of all the first growths

5. isa

isa

My answer wasn't mean as a offence CC. I don’t know why you took it as such, after all I was just answering the question you asked.

6. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Isa, I wasn't offended!!

You no me and my spelling