Polyethylene Pastry Bags as Liners

Joined Dec 7, 2017
Has anyone experience with using a light-weight polyethylene pastry bag as an insert in a classic canvas pastry bag?

I'm trying to avoid the oil that exudes through the bag when I pan out nut meringues. I'm also hoping to extend the life of my bags a few more years. I burst the seam on one recently.

I have some 21" Aetco bags and I see that there must be two different taper standards for pastry bags. I don't see any specifications when I search for them online to purchase.

thanks
baumgrenze

Joined May 5, 2010
I buy disposable plastic pastry bags for that reason. There is no need to use it to line a cloth pastry bag as they work well in and of themselves.

Joined Dec 7, 2017
I tried them with 2 nut meringues yesterday, pignole and almond, and they proved stronger than they appear. I found I could even chase the residue down the bag with a plastic scraper the way my 'meister' taught me. Hazelnut with chocolate is a bit stiffer. That may be a more limiting test. Perhaps also apricot glazed spritz ribbons, if time permits.

It certainly beats having nut oil exude through the pores in the canvas (coated or otherwise) and the cleanup is worth the price of admission.

Thanks for the reply and encouragement.

baumgrenze

Latest posts

Top Bottom