Chef Forum banner

Please tell me why this culinary website is better than the "other one"

825 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  phatch 
#1 ·
I need a place to hang out and want to make sure this is where I belong.

I am a retired chef and stopped working 10 years ago.

#2 ·
Hello  Chef Berndy,

I don't feel I need to convince you of anything. This is a wonderful site designed to embrace people from all over the world who are willing to discuss food. I am  only 44  (private 13 yr) and I have so much to learn and the fact that you are here and and have so much experience behind you, well there are humble chefs/cooks and food lovers here who would benefit greatly from what you have to offer.

I am pleased to meet you and I do hope you decide to go through some of the threads and give us your input and above all , your kindest support.

Petals. 

#3 ·
Hello Chef Berndy

That's true! We need people with a lot of experience to teach us! I'm a young french student and I need a lot of advice. I started a blog and would kill for a Chef to have a look at it (send me a private message if by any chance you want the address).

I just arrived here but I already love it, it is very inspiring for young cooks./img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

#5 ·
I don't know what the "other one" is but I was part of another one a few years back that turned out to be a nightmare - simply because there was no moderation so the personal drama between the members was out of hand.  You will find none of that here, the personalities are strong but everyone behaves more or less while being able to achieve a decent level of debate.  The moderators are present.  I have learned a lot and share what I can. 

#7 ·
Better needs a scale to be measured against. And that scale will vary among the different members.

I've made Cheftalk a home page in my browser because of the high signal to noise ratio as well, and a phrase I've applied to cheftalk before. As a counterexample, I consider www.discusscooking.com to have a low signal to noise ratio, but it's a busier site than this one so there are lots of people obviously pleased with it.

But there are many good web sites for cooking and I don't think any of us here only visit Cheftalk to the exclusion of all others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.