PIES!!!!!

Joined Aug 11, 2000
I was playing in the kitchen a couple of days ago with a whole wheat crust I bought at an interesting bakery near Columbia, mo.
Anyway pulled out a can (EEEK) of leche (caramel) added roasted pecans, made a pastry cream (Lenotre) added chocolate chips
cooled it pre baked the shell....
whole wheat pie crust with caramel (leche) roasted pecans, chocolate pastry cream and whipped cream on top...
I was trying to figure out what this was...turtle pie>>>>not really.... not sure there's anything out there like this.

?????Does it have a name? and do you have any fun pies/desserts that are made up concotions that don't have a "name".

Joined Aug 11, 2000
So what would you name them? I hate naming stuff....there are so many shroomgirl surprises out there.... I'm such a literal thinker, it is very easy to make up novel combinations ..it's the naming that's horribly hard....ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Since you have the dulce de leche in there, you can call it a tortuga pie (that's spanish for turtle). So it's similar to a turtle pie, but people will know that there's something different about it.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
I'd never thrown chocolate chips into hot pastry cream before....I like it!!!When it cools down overnight it has a great texture.

Top Bottom