Pet project, need some advice on American style Italian recipes.

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by strawdog, Mar 10, 2012.

1. strawdog

strawdog

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager
    I've been working on a little project for the exec. of our company, designing and costing some specials and seasonal entrees for an upcoming wine dinner. I was just curious if anyone had a favorite Italian entree or dessert that is feasible in a high volume environment (and keeps food cost relatively low)

2. michaelga

michaelga

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Baked Pasta dishes - individual servings prepared in advance, heat through till cheese topping is bubbly and serve. Will need suitable dish.

'Home-Style' spaghetti and meat sauce, soften noodles and have a hot-pot of sauce ready.  Will need pasta pot and inserts.

Lasagna - bake in hotel pans - re-therm and hold in steam table.  Veggie are cheap, 4 cheese a bit more and multi-meat / mushroom are most expensive.

Chicken Parm Light - pre-cooked chx breast, to order top with marinara, cheese and bread crumbs.  Heat through and serve on pasta with more marinara.

... just a few ideas, hope it helps or stirs the creative thoughts.   Many more ideas out there but i'm beat after a Friday service... having a scotch and going to bed.... 

o/