Personal Chef Salaries and wages

Joined Aug 14, 2011
Hey wats up guys. I am a line cook looking to start my own venture bringing my experience with food to the homes of people. I wish to start a part-time business as a personal chef, but i don't exactly know the information on what to charge clients and how to go about it. If someone would not mind I would like to know how I would cost out my products and also the margin of profit I should be looking to make based upon hourly wages and price per person.

Thank you very much. Vic

Joined Aug 11, 2011
Vic

Check out the American Personal Chef Association (which will also link you to the Canadian Assoc.) There you will find a wealth of information, Personal Chefs' web pages ect.

I looked into myself a couple years ago, and found several of the chef's to be quite willing to chat about the ins & outs. There are many reasons why someone would use a Personal Chef. and you have to market all of those reasons and how you can accomidate the need. But be sure your area has the needs & a possible cliental. You may want to hang on to a regular source of income for a while & simply test the waters.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom