Personal chef for one night?

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by mezzaluna, Aug 7, 2002.

1. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    My sister-in-law and her husband are marking their 25th wedding anniversary later this month. We long-distance relatives are trying to think of a gift that would suit them. Since her health is up and down lately, our first thought of a weekend getaway is out. I thought of somehow finding a private chef to come in and make a wonderful, romantic meal for them. (She has some food allergies, so this would be ideal, I'm thinking.)

I'm asking for some help in finding a private chef who would do such a job in the Oak Ridge/Knoxville (Tennessee) area this month. I have no idea of the cost, either, so some picture of what this gift might cost would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    Mezzaluna

2. isa

isa

I'm sorry I can't help you finding a personnal chef. I just wanted to say it is such a great idea Mezz. I am sure your sister will love it.

Good luck on the search!

3. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I don't think that you need to limit your search to "personal chefs". You may well find a local restaurant chef who would love to do it. Or he may have a sous or better line cook who would like to do it. Just a suggestion in case you can't find a personal chef.

4. kimmie

kimmie

What a nice and thoughtful idea Mezz. Please keep us posted on your findings. :chef:

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Thanks for the links and the ideas, everyone! CC, I've already sent out an inquiry. Nashville is pretty far from where they live, but perhaps he can connect me with someone closer to their home.

6. cindylay

cindylay

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I'd love to prepare a special meal for them. I do a good bit of private cooking and get rave reviews.

cindy

7. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Cindy, welcome to cheftalk.....the date in the upper lefthand corner of the posts tells you when the posts were made. Mezz's was in 2002......

8. cindylay

cindylay

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Ha! Guess I missed that one!!! Thanks for the info on how to read the post.:lol:

9. just jim

just jim

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    That does beg the question: How did this turn out?