Pears In Pastry

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by isa, Aug 26, 2000.

1. isa

isa

The pears looked so good at the market today I couldn't resist and bought a big basket. I would love to make some tartes with frangipane and poached pears but I wonder if I could freeze them? Would the pears be mushy once unfrozen? Should this be unsuited for freezing I would really appreciate some suggestions on what to do with all those pears.

Thanks for your help

Sisi

2. m brown

m brown

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Your idea is a great one! Pear frangipan tarts freeze beautifully. You can also put them by by pouring vodka or your favorite alcohol over them in a jar.

I have a texture problem with puree of pear so don't ask about that kind of thing.

OOH, a bread pear charlott. Much like a bread pudding but using the pear poaching liquid in place of the custard, adding butter and spice to chopped poached pears and cubes of toasted brioch or white bread bake off in individual cups or in a pan. mmm. Freezes also.

[​IMG]

3. isa

isa

Charlotte what a good idea. I'll make a few and some tartes too. I am glad they freeze well it is one of my favourite dessert. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sisi