peanut butter sauce

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by [email protected], Apr 1, 2006.

1. prettylady1968@

[email protected]

Exp:
    At home cook
    hi i like to know if any one knows how to make peanut butter sauce like the ones in chines resturants for peanut butter dumplings?

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Pretty Lady, you need to post your question just once and in just one forum. I'd try the recipe forum for items like this since you're looking for a recipe. But this is fine for now. Good luck! I'm sure you'll get a reply soon.

Mezzaluna

3. mangilao30

mangilao30

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I only know how to make the peanut sauce for fresh spring rolls and satay, in fact I have never heard of the peanut butter dumplings, and I am Chinese.

For the peanut sauce for fresh spring rolls:
    hoisin sauce
    peanut butter and fresh ground roasted peanuts
    water
    cornstarch slurry

1. Start with 1/4 c. hoisin sauce, dilute with 2 T. water until it is not too thick. Add the peanut butter about 1 t. at a time and heat gently. Continue to taste and when you are happy with the consistancy then top with ground peanuts. The cornstarch slurry is handy in case to dilute it too much.

2. For the satay sauce, use the same recipe but add chili paste, lime juice and a few drops of fish sauce.

4. chef kaiser

chef kaiser

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    hi,

i am happy you speak up as a Chinese, tell them the true Chinese Cuisine, the way it is back home and flavors in tradition are combined, as i see the Chinese Cuisine as an heritage cuisine of the east, which influenced even the Japanese Cuisine as the Budist Monks went there to preach the gospal.

Fresh Spring Rolls in the Philippines they call it Lumpia and also serve the peanut sauce with it (Chinese influence), or as you mention the sate sauce (from Malaysia). However Dim Sum and peanut sauce well that is a new creation to me too.

Not to offend the writter of the Post consider peanut sauce with dim sum (chinese dumpling) go ahead, that is fine, but leave the other basic dim sum condiments on the table too as an option for the customer, my son will appreciate that, as he is alergic to any food with nuts and so are many customers and friends of mine.

regards

5. mikelm

mikelm

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Oh-Oh!

Gia-Gina said...

"For the peanut sauce for fresh spring rolls:
    hoisin sauce :eek:
    peanut butter and fresh ground roasted peanuts
    water
    cornstarch slurry..."

Watch out- hoisin sauce is a touchy subject around here, this week.

Mike :lol:

6. mudbug

mudbug

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor