Paula Deen's Downfall my Gain!

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by eastshores, Sep 14, 2013.

1. eastshores

eastshores

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Not a huge deal but I guess since her products have been discontinued in a lot of places I was able to pick this up, normally 30.00 got for 19.00. Figured I'd mention in case others could get the same deal. It's a hardwood pie board but smooth on the back so I picked up some non-slip adhesive rubber feet and made a nice cutting board. It's 18x22 inches. This was had at Walmart (only place open at this hour for me). /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

2. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Nice deal, where did you get the non-slip adhesive rubber feet?  I'm looking for some of those.

3. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Inside most commercial plastic wraps  there are 4 non slip rubber pads which is good for boards, and the price is right  they are free

4. eastshores

eastshores

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    In places like walmart or hardware stores there should be a section where they sell those pads for furniture to help them slide on carpet, located there are also what they call "bumpers" that are various adhesive rubber or other non-slip materials. I think I got a pack of 8 about the size of a quarter for 1.99

5. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    oh my gosh, I was thinking the same thing when wally-world pulled paula.  so I went to our nearest store, but alas, they had taken everything and I mean everything off the shelves, no sales for us, you were very lucky eastshores.

6. eastshores

eastshores

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Dang kgirl.. my wally world must have needed the money worse than yours! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  7. maryb

maryb

Exp:
    Semi pro/retired now
    I ran into some Martha Stewart stainless cookware at K-Mart after she went to prison, marked down to 1/4 of its normal price. Heavy copper clad bottoms, cooks nice and even.