Pasta Machine

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by gbhunter, Jan 12, 2006.

1. gbhunter

gbhunter

I bought the pasta maker from Target, when it arrived I accidently
    rinsed it
    with water. It was never used, straight from the box I took it to the
    sink
    and rinsed it. Will it still be ok? I did dry it with a hair dryer,
    there
    was never any flour or any thing that went thru it.
    The instruction specifies not to eve rinse it with water.. It was a simple mistake.:(

2. ma facon

ma facon

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Electric? Or manual crank type?

3. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    I'm assuming you only rinsed the rollers -- not the motor, if it's electric. :eek: Not to worry. (Even if you did get the motor wet, it will probably be okay once it dries out; just don't use it while it might still be wet!)

As long as you let the rollers dry thoroughly, it should be fine. Just to be sure, run a towel (cloth or paper) through the rollers a few times.

The "no rinse" rule is more important after you use it, because any hidden bits of dough or flour would then glom on to the mechanism. After you've made your pasta, let it sit out for a while for any residue to dry (give it a turn occasionally). Then before you put it away, give it a few turns, brushing out any dry dough or flour with a dry pastry brush.

If it's any comfort to you -- I ALWAYS wash or at least rinse anything that will come in contact with food before I use it for the first time. Haven't ruined a piece of equipment that way yet!

4. castironchef

castironchef

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Agreed.

You might want to put in a 200 degree or so oven for 30 - 45 minutes to make SURE that all of the water has completely evaporated.