Chef Forum banner

Pasta Carbonara

6K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  mike9 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm on a trip with pasta lately. This is my second of the last week. I call it "Pasta Carbonara" because I don't use a long pasta like spaghetti. I like shapes. For this dish I used fusilli. Here it is ... I hope you like it.

#32 ·
[JUSTIFY]NO ... I do not make my own pasta. There are far too many good pastas available, both dried and fresh, that I do not spend time and effort trying to make it any better. ... If You however enjoy making your own pasta ... I'm happy for you. Knock yourself out. I'm not all that interested in doing it myself.

Now to qualify my statement just a little bit ... YES ... I can and have made fresh pasta. It's my choice not to.
[/JUSTIFY]

#33 ·
That meal actully looks like a full blown meal with the extras that you put on it. the extras is like a starter

Have you considered serving that extra sause you made up on the side of the plat or in a bowl with the fancy bacon you cooked crumpled over the top of it and served with a tortilla and maybe a hint of spiced herbs as well?

Bit of a cheeky question, but how much do you charge for that dish?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.