Passionfruit caramel suggestions?

Joined Jul 24, 2004
Hi, I'm new to the site so I hope this message is in the right area. I want to make a caramel containing passionfruit that will stay reasonably viscous at room temperature so I can pour onto cakes/other fruit etc. Does anyone have any suggestions? When I've tried before the caramel has set very hard on cooling. Thanks for any help offered.

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Here is my caramel sauce recipe:
6 lb sugar
8 oz. water
4t lemon juice
3 qt. cream
1 lb butter

Toss the first 3 ingredients together before caramelizing. Carefully add cream, and stir in butter at the end.

For passionfruit, I'd use 2 qts. passion and 1 qt. cream, with maybe a touch of booze to heighten the flavor. Keep all other proportions the same.

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Sorry,
I just assumed this was for professional purposes. :eek:

6 oz. sugar
1/2 oz water
a few drops lemon juice
6 oz cream
1 oz butter

This will yield just under a pint :D :chef:

Joined Nov 6, 2001
Holden
Here is a recipe for a caramel chocolate tart, the caramel filling goes on the bottom of the tart shell and when you cut it the caramel filling stays put.I would substitute some passion puree like momoreg said for some of the cream.

caramel filling
1 C cream -- 1/2 cream / 1/2 passion?
1 C + 3T sugar
2 oz butter
caramelize sugar in a hot pan, while sugar is caramelizing bring cream/passion & butter to boil. When sugar is a golden brown add the liquid and bring to boil and strain. I would test it out first before adding it to a tart or something, just to make sure that it does'nt change with the addition of the passion puree
pat.

Joined Jul 24, 2004
Thanks everyone for the suggestions- I was adding the cream at room temperature, causing the sugar to go bitty.

Top Bottom