Parsnips and peas

Joined Mar 3, 2008
Has anyone ever tried these two veges together or know of a recipe for them. My grandkips are very picky, but they all love peas. I love parsnips and have a lot of them. I thought I may get them to try them if they were with peas.

Joined Feb 26, 2007
I guess you could dice the parsnips to about same size as peas, then simmer/steam till just done. Cook peas till just done. Drain both. Toss together either in butter or a white sauce? Or even in a bit of chicken stock. S&P.

Haven't tried them together as such but have had them on the same plate, I reckon they would match. Either that, or make a nice creamy sieved soup. Just tell 'em its pea soup :) Or monster boogers (depending on their age and sense of humour :) )

Joined Mar 3, 2008
thanks, that is kind of what I was going to try, but as usual I always want to try different things on more than just me. As far as the soup, sounds good but most of them will not eat any soup I put out except homemade tomato

Joined Jan 5, 2007
Parsnips always gain from roasting, I feel. Their natural sweetness seems to be enhanced by the roasting process. You could then add the peas to the finished parsnips - although I have to confess, I would not think of putting them together.

Joined Feb 26, 2007
Add sieved cooked parsnips to the tomato soup maybe (not a huge amount) then have some peas there for them in a separate bowl to toss in if they want to try. Have some croutons too so they're not afraid to toss things in, croutons first perhaps to getused to the idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom