Parsnips and peas

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by teresa, Nov 24, 2009.

1. teresa

teresa

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Has anyone ever tried these two veges together or know of a recipe for them. My grandkips are very picky, but they all love peas. I love parsnips and have a lot of them. I thought I may get them to try them if they were with peas.

2. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    I guess you could dice the parsnips to about same size as peas, then simmer/steam till just done. Cook peas till just done. Drain both. Toss together either in butter or a white sauce? Or even in a bit of chicken stock. S&P.

Haven't tried them together as such but have had them on the same plate, I reckon they would match. Either that, or make a nice creamy sieved soup. Just tell 'em its pea soup :) Or monster boogers (depending on their age and sense of humour :) )

3. teresa

teresa

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    thanks, that is kind of what I was going to try, but as usual I always want to try different things on more than just me. As far as the soup, sounds good but most of them will not eat any soup I put out except homemade tomato

4. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Parsnips always gain from roasting, I feel. Their natural sweetness seems to be enhanced by the roasting process. You could then add the peas to the finished parsnips - although I have to confess, I would not think of putting them together.

5. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    Add sieved cooked parsnips to the tomato soup maybe (not a huge amount) then have some peas there for them in a separate bowl to toss in if they want to try. Have some croutons too so they're not afraid to toss things in, croutons first perhaps to getused to the idea.