Pans for Glass Top Ranges?

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by moreink, Mar 21, 2006.

1. moreink

moreink

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hello, What's the best pans to use for glass top ranges? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

2. cakerookie

cakerookie

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Well, you can use copper coated pans,stainless steel is proably the best.You can use glass pots, just about anything you would use on an regular electric range. You should check your owners manual if you have one they usually list items that are not compatible with glass tops. Biggest thing with glass tops is to clean them after every use that is critical becauce they do stain easy. And you should not move your pan around a whole lot once its on the top. Does yours have the convection oven in it?

3. moreink

moreink

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    No, and a manual isn't available. Someone told me not to use coated cast iron because the risidual heat can crack the surface. Fact? Thanks for the info, cakerookie.

4. cakerookie

cakerookie

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Don't know about that.I have never used cast iron on mine though the manual says I can.My biggest fear is the cast iron scratching the glass top. And you are welcome glad to help..

5. moreink

moreink

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Gotcha about the scratching, I'll beware.
    I can't believe you looked it up!:)

6. cakerookie

cakerookie

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Hey thats what we are here far............

7. plongeur

plongeur

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I use cast iron on mine without a problem, although I am careful not to drag them round on the top. And I'm worried about banging pots round like I do on the gas stove.