Panini Makers: 120 Volt vs. 208 Volt

Joined Oct 29, 2012
For a high volume sandwich shop, is a 208 Volt panini press worth the extra thousand dollars?
Thanks!

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Mal*wart household appliances—like a panini press will last about 3 weeks, and take twice as long as a 220/208 volt appliance.

Many municipalities are demanding commercial appliances for commercial properties, which would include toasters, microwaves, mixers, and yes panini presses. So not only would you get a fine if caught using a Mal*wart appliance, but in the event of a fire, your insurance will not cover you.

Check with your municipality....

Joined Oct 29, 2012
Mal*wart household appliances—like a panini press will last about 3 weeks, and take twice as long as a 220/208 volt appliance.

Many municipalities are demanding commercial appliances for commercial properties, which would include toasters, microwaves, mixers, and yes panini presses. So not only would you get a fine if caught using a Mal*wart appliance, but in the event of a fire, your insurance will not cover you.

Check with your municipality....
Thx for the reply.
But there is another category of panini makers that are supposedly commercial quality (and range from $250-$750 that are 120Volt). Are these inadequate?

Joined Oct 10, 2005
The one that capecodchef linked to checks all the boxes and is UL listed, it looks pretty good.

BUT, it’s a single unit. If you’re high volume, you’re going to need several double units. Nothing wrong with a single, but 4 singles will cost more and consume more power ( assuming you have the needed wiring and receptacles) for those units.

Me? I’d go the used route, every restaurant supply store has at least a couple of panini presses.

Joined Oct 29, 2012
All good responses.
Can someone plz comment on double sized presses that worked well for him/her at high volume?
Thx!

Joined Jan 4, 2011
I agree with foodpump on that "used" idea. You're only give-or-take 2,000 miles from my neighborhood or I'd invite you out to check a coupla-3 used restaurant equipment stores by me that have what you're looking for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom