Panettone

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by dagger, Dec 10, 2014.

1. dagger

dagger

Exp:
    Can't boil water
    Over the years we have bought these breads from grocery & department stores, many different brands and all have ended up bird food. This year figured I would take a chance and buy one from a company whoes olive oil I have become to like very much. So bought Chocolate and Panettone made with olive oil from Fratelli Carli. They were $21 each which is 3 times the price of stord bought ones but it's Christmas. Had the chocolate one Thanksgiving morning, WOW! Is this what they are supposed to taste like :lips:. The bread was moist and melted in my mouth :thumb:. The chocolate was soft and melted in your mouth and what a chocolate flavor, this didn't become bird food :bounce:. They are worth every penny and if you haven't tried them yet don't wait :talk:. Looking forward to Christmas to have the other one :D.

Their olive oil is also tops, bought myselfva gift box this year to try more of their products :blush:

2. eater181

eater181

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi Dagger, Reading your message I can recall the nicest panettone I have ever eaten which was a home made one a dear friend made for me. It was better than the many commercially made ones I have tried. I guess when "love" is one of the ingredients it is sure to taste great!

Your challenge now is to research recipes and make one better than Fratelli Carli. When I catch up with Angela in the near future I will ask her for her recipe and pass it on to you (if I can locate you again ..... I'm new to this site). Each to their own tastes ... I recall her panettone had lots of lovely spice and delicious figs. Your message has reminded me to hunt down the chocolate panettone recipe I viewed on a TV cooking show recently. It looked great too. Cheers