Pépin Seafood Bread

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by chrislehrer, Aug 12, 2017.

1. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    has anyone else made this?

Take a good bread boule, hollow it out coarsely, and use some of the inside to make 3 cups of bread crumbs.

Make a composite butter of 1.5 sticks butter, a ton of herbs, a little salt and pepper, and a couple Tb white wine.

Slather the inside of the loaf with about 1/3 of the butter. Slice 1/4 pound mushrooms and put them in. Cut 3/4 pound mixed seafood in coarse cubes (shrimp, salmon, cheap white fish all mixed) and add. Season lightly, spread on another 1/3 butter, sprinkle with about a cup of the crumbs. Repeat with another 1/4# mushrooms, 3/4# seafood, the last of the butter, and the remaining crumbs. Drizzle with 1/4 cup dry white wine. Bake on a cookie sheet at 400F for an hour, let rest 10-15 minutes, then cut in fat wedges.

Amazing. Just fantastic. And if your guests are late? Turn off the oven and leave it half an hour or so, let it rest up to half an hour, it'll still be both crunchy and juicy.

(Oh--it cost me $17 and served 7.)

Bowing down before the Master....

2. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Sounds really good. Too bad my wife hasn't been able to even stand the smell of fish and seafood in our house for the past few years – which means I haven't had any in years.