Oven for cheesecakes

Joined Aug 22, 2004
I am in the process of upgrading my equipement, and am in-need of some advice on an oven for cheesecakes. I am not really looking for a "monster" oven, but one large enough that could handle around 6 cheesecakes at a time. Maybe a double oven? I'm not sure.

I've heard from a few people that convection ovens are "not" the way to go for cheesecakes. At the moment, I use 2 regular home-style ovens. They work great, and were great to use when I first began. However, I'm ready, and it's time for me to take the next step.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks! :)

Joined Jul 28, 2001
We use conventional deck ovens with metal bottoms, not stone. I've also had a metal guy in to cut and rig vents for me. Something like vents to a steam injected oven. We also use these ovens for all our frangipan tortes and grain cakes. Great for choux.
good luck

Joined Aug 22, 2004
I am sorry that I haven't replied sooner. I've been very busy, and also forgot my password.

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your input & advice. I have just recently been looking at ovens and trying to do what research is needed to choose the correct size & style.

I had not even thought of deck ovens. Monday, I will be looking into those, (metal bottoms, not stone) and asking lots of questions.

Once again, I appreciate your help. :)

Thanks,
EZ

Joined Jul 28, 2001
I have a double deck oven on ebay now, trying to clean my garage. If you can make it to dallas, come get it. The stones ar4e in great condition.

Top Bottom