Oven changes due to elevation

Joined Aug 9, 2017
I just recently bought a Blodgett double stack gas oven for my store. There was a warning saying that if we are above 2000 ft elevation that we would need a technician to come in and adjust the oven. Well my store is at 4000 ft so I will need to make some adjustments but I don't know who to call.

1. What needs to be done to the OVEN (not the recipe) to produce the same cookies?
2. What type of technician should I call? Is this just a job for a regular handy man or do I need to call in a specialized person and if so, where could I find someone like that?

Thank you sooooo much! This is urgent!


Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Any brand certified technician or repairman for the brand should be capable of doing the job. Check with your oven vendor they'll probably have a list of recommendations.
Joined Sep 21, 2001
At 4000ft the lesser oxygen in the atmosphere means that the oxygen/gas mix on your oven has to be tweaked. A technician from your local gas company can come do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom