Our wedding cake

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by mike9, Oct 30, 2012.

1. mike9

mike9

Exp:
    Former Chef
    My honey of 22 yrs and I got married Saturday - yeah I'm a little slow I know.  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

Anyway a friend who is chef at a local farm to table restaurant made our wedding cake.  It was pumpkin spice with cream cheese/butter cream frosting, fondant autumn leaves & acorns and a marzipan mushroom with gnomes for the bride and groom.  She did a great job on it and here's a couple pics of the top tier (it was a four tier cake). 

The dots on the mushroom are candy pearls

2. prettycake

prettycake Banned

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    what is that cake topper suppose to be ? I cannot figure it out.  They look like Pinguins to me.

3. mike9

mike9

Exp:
    Former Chef

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  4. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Congratulations !  I would imagine that your still riding  the wedding high , good for you. Your cake looks great and I am sure it must have tasted wonderful. Alot of love goes into making them.

Petals.

5. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    WOW!

Now don't do what we did and eat that top tier prior to your first wedding anniversary

6. mike9

mike9

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Quote:
    /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif   /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif   /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif    I saved another piece just for that purpose.  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif