organizations to join??

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by chatham, Aug 8, 2002.

1. chatham

chatham

Hi again, I'm back. As I mentioned earlier, I have few questions that I was wondering id anyone could help me with. I'm going to culinary school beginning in November. My goal after graduation is to become a personal chef and small party caterer. I've done some small-scale catering in the past and have come to realize that this is my passion, cooking for other people. What i was wondering is what organizations, if any, should I be joining? I might be jumping the gun a bit here but obviously I'm very excited about my new path but I'm not quite sure how to begin. I know that the ACF is an accredited org. and I've been doing some research on the USPCA as well. Do you guys suggest joining one of these? Which one will be more beneficial for me and my career? Any help you could offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
    Karin (the novice chef):confused:

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
  3. chatham

chatham

Thank you for the info. I think what I really need to do is keep researching and maybe hook up with a personal chef in my area to get some helpful hints about how to start and run everything. First, I think I should just focus on school and learning as much as I can.......and then continue to learn, and learn, and learn....

Thank you again! Maybe I'll see ya someday at the Cape!

K:smiles:

4. culinarian247

culinarian247

Also check out the American Personal Chef Association. They now have accreditation with the ACF. I think it's Personal Certified Executive Chef and one more. I hope this helps you.