One more new fool!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by columbus, Jun 22, 2005.

1. columbus

columbus

Hi chefs and some-day-to-be chefs!

I'm another newbie considering a career change, and I'm very happy to have found this forum -- it's been very enlightening. I've read a lot of the old posts and have taken to heart all the warnings about long hours, low pay, no health insurance, etc etc., but I think what I've really taken away from them all is the fact that most (if not all) of the folks delivering the warnings are cooks themselves who have a passion for their job and wouldn't want to do anything else. And that's inspiring.

Besides, I've done some time in restaurants already and know the feeling of satisfaction that comes at the end of a shift -- a feeling you rarely feel when leaving the cubicle at the end of the day, health insurance or not.

Hopefully I'll learn as much as I can here from everyone in the forum, as I continue to make my decision and continue the career change process.

Thanks for having me!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Columbus! Nice to meet you. I'm glad you're taking advantage of the old posts, because there's a lot to learn from the members here. Don't miss the excellent articles, reviews and information at the main Chef Talk site, either.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna