Offsite Paella

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Any recommendations for making Paella offsite? I'm thinking of doing Paella at a park over one of their grills. Precook rice? Ingredients?

Joined Jun 23, 2015
chicken, shellfish, sausage, saffron. Dutch oven firebricks? Cooking the rice with the dish is better I think but anyway you do it is good. Have fun.

Joined Mar 1, 2017
You could par cook the sausage and just throw everything together at the park. The rice will be tricky given its lengthy cooking time. If it were me, I'd at least partially cook the rice beforehand.

Like jimyra jimyra said, any way you do it will be good. :)

Enjoy!

Joined Apr 25, 2011
I always make my paella over fire on my Weber kettle grill. It comes out great. I even go so far as to use orange wood for my fuel. As long as you have a good thick paella pan, you should be fine.

Joined Sep 5, 2012
I would definitely pre cook the rice to 85/90% done. I would also precook the chicken, sausage abd rabbit(if having it) and add the shellfish, squid and fish at the end of the cooking. I’m a big fan of smoked paprika in my paella as well as a dominant yet not overbearing saffron flavor. I tend to toss in some gratuitous who herbs as well in the end for the aroma. That big of a group I would do two batches in separate pans.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Do large pans not work well? They're made up to thee feet across.

Joined Sep 5, 2012
Yes they do but you need to have a large enough heat source for that. I have a pan that’s 30inchs or so across but have a LP gas burner that’s made for it.

Top Bottom