Nutrition Training and Certificaiton

Joined Feb 6, 2002
Just wanted to know if there is such a thing and how do I go about getting it. Should I check my hospital? I don't think the community colleges here offer it. Are there any textbooks that I could get to study by? I was thinking of cooking for elderly or busy families as a Personal Chef maybe networking from my hospital. Id try to do a flex pay plan, since I believe it will take a while to find out if I can bill their insurance and all that other complicated stuff I will have to figure out later.

This would be perfect for me since I can be flexible and still see my kids, plus my family would benefit since Id be accustomed to cooking healthy. Is anyone here a Personal Chef?

Joined Oct 13, 2001
Hey ShawtyCat , I also now work in a hospital as the food service manager and I am taking the Dietary Managers Coure from the University of North Dakota through a corospondent course . I have a preceptor who is my Dietician and it has helped me learn a lot about nutrition . There is also a Diet Tech class you can take and get certified in . Check with your food service manager and they should be able to help . Good luck .

Joined May 29, 1999
I was thinking of getting certified and opening a private parctice. Too many long hours on my feet in the pastry kitchen. I have a knack for helping pin point peoples food needs. Now I just need the science behind it and a piece of paper saying so.
Any ideas? I have a BA in Foodservice Management and AOS in Pastry Arts, Three little kids and part time job.
Should I go to school part time or is there another way to go about this?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Joined Feb 6, 2002
Ive been taking courses online from the CIA. Im pregnant with two other kids, a home office and work part time at the family biz. So far it is working great for me. Try calling/viewing websites of colleges and see if they offer online classes or distance learning. Its getting pretty popular for us working stiffs to take classes online. And its really flexible. I wait until nap/bed time to study, do projects and take my exams. I think I got an A+!

If I find an online nutrition course Ill let you know. :)

Hey, whadda ya know. I leave and punch in online nutrition courses and what do I find?

Here's the link:Online Food & Nutrition Courses

Latest posts

Top Bottom